Updated: 3 days ago
During an "interesting" time, there is time to look inside and around you and organize drawers, cabinets, thoughts ..... I want to share my world with you, trying to help you spend time usefully. I will post small tutorials in this album, according to which you can make necessary objects for yourself or a friend. You might not have been able to do it at a fast pace, but now, in an emergency, you can arrange every little detail. Let's start with the smallest - the needle. Today we make NEEDLE PAD / NEEDLE CUSHION.
Measure and cut details (0.5 cm seam allowance added)
1. Four pieces of 3,5 x 3,5 cm made of different small patterned woven fabrics.
2. Two pieces of 3 x 6 cm fabric of one colour.
3. One piece of 3 x 9.5 cm fabric of one colour.
4. One piece of monochrome fabric measuring 11.25 x 9.5 cm.
1. Connect the squares with a small pattern. It's like a little patchwork - sewing squares.
2. Attach the remaining parts of the needle pad
3. Attach the hanging strip to one corner.
4. Fold in half so that the top side is in, connect with a 0.5 cm seam allowance at the edges and leave an opening of about 4 cm on one side for turning over.
5. Turn the work over, fill with cotton wool or wool, fasten the hole with concealed dots.
6. If you wish, you can sew a button in the middle of the squares to decorate. This is especially popular with those who need to sew the squares a little.
WHAT TO FILL THE NEEDLE PAD?
😊For many years, I have used polyester fibres, more precisely, spherical fibres placed in pillows to fill the needle pad. This fibre stays fluffy and keeps the pillow fluffy and in shape. I once filled a 27-year-old needle pillow that I use every day with a voluminous batting and it still works great.
😊The very good filling material is pieces of woollen yarn, as well as wool and woollen vein.
🙁 It is not recommended to use cotton wool for filling, as the needles tend to rust inside.
😊And the old people say that the best needle pad filler is hair! Why? The hair had to sharpen the tips of the needles. I haven't tried it myself😊
GOOD LUCK! #stayhome